Montevideo

Montevideo
La Rambla, Pocitos

Friday, September 9, 2011

One year ago today. . .

One year ago today my (Jimbo) world changed. Something happened to me that was very unfamiliar and uncomfortable. I lost sight of living in joy. I couldn't relax. I felt a deep inward pressure, as if I was having a heart attack. It was as if I was about to experience another trauma, and I was already living in it. The world, life in general, became very unsafe, even though nothing was really that different. This was my first anxiety attack, opening up a chapter of life that lasted several months. I had attacks every day for several weeks, before they spread out to a couple a week, then to happening sporadically every once in a while. I didn't know why, or what was happening. All I knew is that I hated what was happening. Life was no fun anymore.
Then, beginning last fall, God began a journey of understanding and healing in my life. God began to bring people in my life whom He gifted with insight, exhortation, prophecy, and wisdom. From then until now, these people, who are in many different walks of life, spoke life. As I began to open up and process my innermost thoughts and pains, God began to deal with the roots of my disfunction and began to bring life; not just any life, but life abundant. The journey has been humbling, but very gracious. The body of Christ is an amazing thing. I am so privileged to be a son of the King, part of His family.
My world today, compared to a year ago, is completely different. I am working out of overflow instead of undertow. Living as I truly am, in my true identity, is so freeing. Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment